I apologize. For that pig trotter vinegar stew picture. I’m sure it put you off your breakfast/ lunch/ dinner. Some of you might even have thrown up a little.
So I’m going to try and redeem myself.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups sifted unbleached flour
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 large apples finely chopped (Use good baking apples)
- 1/2 cup walnuts chopped - nut allergen alert –
- Glaze – optional
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons melted butter
- Combine oil, sugar, and vanilla. Cream until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and beat well. Sift together flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
- Add milk, raisins, apples, nuts, and dry ingredients to mixture and stir only until flour is well dampened.
- Bake in well-greased 9 x 5 x 4 inch loaf pan at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Cool; remove from pan.
- If using glaze: Combine glaze ingredients; mix well and pour over loaf. Let glaze set before wrapping loaf tightly. Best if made day prior to serving.
- If turning into sticks: Preheat oven to 200-250F and cut the bread into stick-like slices. Place the slices on a baking sheet and allow the sticks to bake for approximately 2 hours, or until hard and crunchy.
Am I forgiven?