My name is Alison. I started this blog because I have 2 current obsessions: my son Monkey (he has a real name, really) and writing.
Here’s a little video to give you a snapshot of who I am and what this blog is about, if you’d rather not read my awesome list below.
Monkey is a fairly new obsession, which began on December 29, 2009, when I pushed him out (of you know what – it’s not that kind of blog). Writing, well, that’s an old friend, whom I’ve neglected for many years, but has welcomed me back with open arms.
This list might be more useful in discerning who I am:
- I wear a lot of black.
- I hate peas, in every shape or form.
- When I was in my 20’s, I used to tell my friends I had no inclination to be a mother. My friends like to remind me of that fact. Frequently.
- I love being a mother.
- My son is the light of my life.
- He is also sometimes the cause of migraines.
- I read fast. I can finish a book in less than a day. My mother never believed I could, so she used to quiz me on the books I claim to have read. I kid you not.
- I lived in London for 6 months in 1998. That was the best and worst time of my life.
- I have weird looking toes.
- I always wonder how people write biographies, recalling childhood memories with such great detail, when I can barely remember what happened yesterday.
- Chocolate. I love chocolate.
- I love the smell of bakeries.
However you found my blog, I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I enjoy writing it. As for comments? They’re the life blood of blogging, at least to me. So do comment!