MERRY CHRISTMAS, FRIENDS!
Through The Lens Thursday is a one-year photography project, where every week, my project partner, Greta of GFunkified and I, will post a picture (or pictures) we have taken based on a prompt. Our hope is that together, we can teach and learn from each other, stay accountable to our goal of improving our skills, and hopefully, be taking some gorgeous photographs.
This week’s prompt is ‘Lights’.
It’s the last Through The Lens Thursday for the year, but it’s not the end of the project! Greta and I have an entire list of new prompts for 2015, and we are excited to push ourselves further in this photography project.
52 weeks of taking photos (okay, 45 for me since I missed 7 consecutive weeks following the twins’ birth) has taught me:
– I still have a lot to learn.
– I need to explore using different lenses.
– I need to learn to use Lightroom beyond the basics, which I haven’t even mastered.
– I need to get out more to take better pictures! Being home bound as much as I have been has forced me to be more creative with the prompts, but has limited my scope.
– My children are good backups for photo prompts in case my original idea doesn’t work out.
– I have a preference for a photography style, and I need to focus on that to master it.
– I still love photography. In fact, I love it more.
See you next year!