I love these questionnaires because they are a) easy, b) fun, c) I’m blogging daily. I grabbed these (and the graphic) from Christine at Love, Life, Surf!
Four names that people call me, other than my real name
1. Cat. My husband’s nickname for me, derived cleverly from my name, Alison = Alleycat = Cat.
2. Mama. Incessantly.
3. Sister Lee. That’s what my sister calls me. Again, so clever.
4. I don’t have a fourth.
Four jobs I have had (not counting any current jobs)
1. Waitress at a Chinese restaurant, Maxis in Leeds, England, and a Mexican restaurant, Arizona, in London.
2. Bartender at a bar in Camden Town, London, called Gecko (it’s not there anymore).
3. Events Manager at a company that owned two (now more) clubs.
4. My last job was Marketing Manager for Nike Indonesia.
Four movies I’ve watched more than once
1. Schindler’s List
2. Planes (I KNOW)
3. Karate Kid
4. The X-Men
Four books I’d recommend
1. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed
2. Wild by Cheryl Strayed
3. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
4. My Other Ex: Women’s True Stories of Leaving and Losing Friends (I have to plug the book I’m in!)
Four places I have lived
1. Leeds, England
3. Ipoh, Malaysia (where I was born)
4. Kuala Lumpur (currently)
Four places I have been
3. New Zealand
Four places I’d rather be right now
1. On a beach somewhere.
2. Minnesota because Tracy, my partner in all things blogging, lives there.
3. New Jersey because my bloggy BFF Kimberly lives there.
4. Tuscany because I’d planned a girls trip there with a friend in 2009, but it didn’t happen. I still have the guidebook.
Four things I don’t eat
4. Blue cheese
Four of my favorite foods
2. Ice cream
Four TV shows that I watch
I watch A LOT of TV, so I’ll go with shows that debuted this year.
1. Happy Valley – a British min-series, and I can’t wait for season two next year.
2. Madam Secretary
3. The Knick
Four things I am looking forward to this year
1. December 1 because NaBloPoMo will be over. Hah! Kidding. Mostly.
2. Losing 5 pounds. One can hope (and try) right?
3. Getting back to baking again.
4. Hearing back from some places I’ve submitted writing to. Even if they say no.
Four things I’m always saying
2. “Come here.”
3. “<Child’s name>, don’t do that, please.”
Wanna play? Consider yourself tagged!