A few weeks ago, my friend Elaine wrote a post on her blog, called ‘I Am Such A Good Mom’, because she wanted to start a movement of positivity and encouragement for moms. So often, we mothers are quick to put ourselves down, and miss all the moments when we ARE good, even great.
I loved this idea so much, I wrote my own post, and a few other bloggers took up the challenge too. This got us thinking – why not capture our #IAmAGoodMom moments in pictures, and show them on Instagram? What better way to move the message forward, and encourage others to look at themselves in a positive manner?
Together, Elaine and I have decided to put together an Instagram campaign, #IAmAGoodMom, encouraging YOU moms to post a picture of yourself in a good mom moment from October 20 to 27, 2014! Joining in on the fun are three awesome sponsors, Delysia Chocolatier, Canvas Press and The Vintage Pearl, who will pick three Moms best depicting their #IAmAGoodMom moment, to receive an amazing prize from each of them.
Want to play? Here are the details!
- Start posting photos from October 20 to 27, 2014.
- Please follow both #IAmAGoodMom hosts, @misselaine0375 and @alisonswlee on Instagram.
- Please follow our sponsors @delysia_choc, @canvaspress and @thevintagepearl on Instagram.
- Post photo depicting how you are a good mom, using hashtag #IAmAGoodMom on Instagram.
- You can post up to a maximum of 3 photos a day.
- After October 27, our 3 sponsors will each pick one of their favorite shots to receive three amazing prizes! Think yummy blocks of chocolate with loving words to moms, a 16 x 20 1.5 inch canvas photo print on canvas and gorgeous handstamped jewelry!
- What’s the criteria for a good photo? Obviously, your photos should be clear and not blurry (think natural lighting, steady hands etc), and should be relevant to the hashtag. Include a description of WHY it depicts a good mom moment. And don’t forget to include the hashtag #IAmAGoodMom because that’s the only way we can track all the photos.
Here’s an example of what a #IAmAGoodMom photo might look like:
We REALLY hope you’ll join us – Elaine and I want to see all your wonderful, fun, even messy (like mine above), and silly photos as to why you are a good Mom (or parent)!
Thank you to our wonderful sponsors!
Delysia Chocolatier is an award-winning artisan chocolate company based in Austin, Texas. From our handmade truffles to our elegant chocolate invitations, Delysia offers a broad assortment of gourmet chocolate products. We use only fine quality chocolate from sustainable sources to create something distinctly unique, something distinctly you.
Canvas Press is a group of creative people who came together with the purpose of delivering fine art quality prints to anyone. They believe that just because you are a hobbyist, or a photo novice doesn’t mean that you deserve to get sub quality printed products. They want everyone to feel like their canvas print could hang in a museum, but their home will do just fine.
The Vintage Pearl creates personalized jewelry and keepsakes that are handstamped and customized with any names, initials, dates, or words of inspiration. Their jewelry is created using sterling silver, freshwater pearls and birthstone crystals and makes the perfect unique yet meaningful gift. They use heartfelt design inspirations (such as “i love you to the moon and back” and “you are my sunshine”) that will tug at a mother’s heartstrings. Each handstamped necklace, bracelet, ring, keychain and more is handmade in their Tulsa, Oklahoma studio, making their custom jewelry a true one-of-a-kind piece created just for you!