There are a lot of heavy things going on right now in my life, and I’m physically exhausted from having just given birth 8 days ago, to shuttling between NICU and all the other family stuff that still goes on (i.e. my boys). I’m emotionally drained as you can imagine. Going to the NICU to see my babies is the highlight of my day. Leaving them is the worst time. I want to ugly cry every time I get into the car to drive off.
So. I’m needing a distraction, and came across these 50 questions on Charlotte’s blog last week, and they’re easy. And I’m doing easy right now, because everything else is hard.
1. What are you wearing? A loose, flowy black tee, because it’s loose and flowy. Dark green maternity pants, because postpartum bodies are unforgiving.
2. Ever been in love? Abso-fucking-lutely. Still am.
3. Ever had a terrible breakup? Oh, yes.
4. How tall are you? 5 feet, 2 and 3/4 inches. Yes, the three quarters do matter.
5. How much do you weigh? Let’s just say since I’ve given birth 8 days ago, I’ve lost 18 of the 33 pounds I gained during the pregnancy.
6. Any tattoos? Yes, on my belly. It’s this Chinese character. 晨
7. Any piercings? Not anymore.
8. OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? Um, no, I’m not that invested in fictional characters.
9. Favorite show? Of all time? The Big Bang Theory.
10. Favorite bands? Crowded House.
11. Something you miss? Having my twins at home right now.
12. Favorite song? Billy Joel’s Just The Way You Are.
13. How old are you? 38.
14. Zodiac sign? Leo.
15. Quality you look for in a partner? Kindness.
16. Favorite Quote? I have many favorites. At this VERY moment, it’s this one: “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” ― Theodore Roosevelt
17. Favorite actor? Hugh Jackman.
18. Favorite color? Yellow.
19. Loud music or soft? Soft. Because I’m old.
20. Where do you go when you’re sad? To my writing.
21. How long does it take you to shower? 5 minutes.
22. How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 5 minutes. I’m low-maintenance.
23. Ever been in a physical fight? Yes, when I was a kid, my sister and I used to get into brawls. With each other.
24. Turn on? Kind eyes.
25. Turn off? Rudeness.
26. The reason I started blogging? I had to find something to do after I quit playing Mafia Wars on Facebook. I wish I was kidding.
27. Fears? Losing loved ones.
28. Last thing that made you cry? Leaving NICU this morning.
29. Last time you said you loved someone? At NICU this morning.
30. Meaning behind the name of your blog? I write, and I wish. That’s it.
31. Last book you read? Behind The Beautiful Forevers by Katherine Boo.
32. The book you’re currently reading? Get The Behavior You Want…. Without Being The Parent You Hate by Dr. Deborah Gilboa.
33. Last show you watched? Downton Abbey, season 5!
34. Last person you talked to? My husband.
35. The relationship between you and the person you last texted? My children’s father.
36. Favorite food? Anything Asian.
37. Place you want to visit? Italy.
38. Last place you were? Overseas? France.
39. Do you have a crush? Nope.
40. Last time you kissed someone? This morning, when I said goodbye to my twins.
41. Last time you were insulted? Last week, after I wrote a post about vaccinations (never again).
42. Favorite flavor of sweet? I’m assuming ‘sweet’ means candy. Salted caramel anything.
43. What instruments do you play? The piano.
44. Favorite piece of jewelry? My engagement ring, a Tiffany one carat solitaire diamond ring, which I sadly, hardly wear anymore.
45. Last sport you played? This is a trick question. Right?
46. Last song you sang? Cuts Like A Knife by Bryan Adams, on a retro radio station (I am 38 after all).
47. Favorite chat up line? I don’t do chat up lines.
48. Have you ever used it? If I had one, hell no.
49. Last time you hung out with anyone? 5 days before I gave birth, with my old friend, Melanie. She just had her baby girl today! (Congratulations, Mel!)
I would love it if you would check out my post at Everyday Family featuring 10 of my favorite organizational apps for busy parents! Thank you.