One of the best things that came out of my time with SITS, was meeting many amazing and interesting bloggers. I came by Tamara’s blog, Tamara Like Camera, and immediately fell hard for her writing, and stunning photography (hello, professional photographer!). I’ve watched as she grew her blog phenomenally over the past year, and it’s no wonder – she’s beautiful, friendly, hilarious and I want to eat her kids up (don’t worry, Tamara, I won’t, I just want to hug them both for a very long time). She’s one of my favorites so I love swapping questions with her.
This fun weekly link up is hosted by Penny of The Real Housewife Of Caroline Country and Amber from Bold Fab Mom. Typically for Ask Away Friday, bloggers pair up, swap 10 questions,answer them on their blogs, and link up their posts with Penny and Amber. It’s such a great way to get to know someone better.
Here are Tamara’s questions for me.
1. I know you’re on a photography journey (yay!). What is your biggest challenge with photography right now?
Getting out of the house and photographing things and people outdoors. Many of my pictures are taken in my apartment simply because I don’t go out much. Or if I do, I don’t bring the camera (grocery shop and snap away? Hmmm). As a direct consequence, finding the right light is what I’m working on right now – natural light, artificial light, trying taking pictures at all times of the day, playing around with backlight, the works. In a way, it’s a good challenge to have. It’s forcing me to be creative. Deciding to do a 52-week photography project is one of the best things that has happened to me this year.
2. What is something you intended to do today (at the time you’re writing this) but didn’t. Why?
I’m writing this well in advance (so unusual for me) and it’s a Sunday. I have to get a gift for a friend, and I’m running out of time! I did go out with the intention of buying something, but couldn’t find something suitable. Instead, I bought stuff for the children, as you do.
3. How did you meet your husband? Does he read your blog?
I wrote about how we met on a friend’s blog. Long story short, I met him when I was dating his friend. He was also seeing someone else. We were just friends for the first 6 months. After I broke up with his friend (it was a very short 3 month thing), we started hanging out together as friends (he was also single), and well, here we are, 10 years and two kids later. He does not read my blog unless I tell him to, and that’s okay with me. However, he is very supportive of all I do here, and listens to my stories about my blog, and the people I’ve met.
4. What’s the first thing that comes to mind when you hear the word “fun”?
Girl’s night out! I haven’t had one of those in years. Sigh.
5. Say a friend came to you for comfort with a broken heart. What’s your best comfort food recipe that you’d make for her?
Ice cream, hands down. Salted caramel ice cream. Wait, should I have said soup?
6. What would your friends and family say that you complain about the most? (I think mine is the weather. Or slow drivers in the left lane)
Idiot drivers and slow service at restaurants, post offices, banks, and anywhere really, that requires someone serving me. The service industry in Malaysia is horribly inefficient.
7. If you could go anywhere in the world on a trip WITH your family, where would you go? How about without?
We are actually in France right now! Without the family, I’ll be on the first plane to the US (then hop to Canada), to visit all of you!
8. What’s a small and manageable health goal you have for the new year. (mine is to drink more water!)
Keep drinking lots of water. Do more yoga. Continue to eat clean.
9. Do you have a collection? If so, what do you collect and why?
I am an anti-hoarder, so no, I don’t collect anything. Though I did write about my shoes that one time…. ahem.
10. Name something you’ve said “yes” to in the last year, and instantly felt panicked and overwhelmed, but..ambitious about it?
Joining BonBon Break! The panic lasted for about a day, and passed because I realized what an amazing opportunity it is. I do have a few days when I feel somewhat overwhelmed, but talking to Val (Curtis, BonBon Break founder) always gets me back to a good place. I have great hopes for the site, and I’m truly excited about all the possibilities.
Now, head on over to Tamara’s blog and read her answers to my questions.
If you want to join #AskAwayFriday and need someone to swap questions with, let me know!
Comment on any two posts on my blog in January, and stand a chance to win one 30-day 150×150 sidebar ad! Find out more here.