What is it about revealing the contents of one’s refrigerator that makes one apprehensive? I’m happy to show you what’s in my purse, or share semi-unflattering photos of me as a child, or when hugely pregnant.
But what’s in my fridge? It feels brave. However, I’m doing it for my friend Elaine. She wanted to see what’s on your fridge for Old School Blogging this month, and since the outside of my fridge is just magnet hell, I had to dive inside. Literally.
What’s on there you ask? Magnets? WHAT MAGNETS? (I think there are actually more. Under the fridge. Ahem) We have coupons for our favorite pizza takeout place (Pizza Fridays, holla), a handy baking conversion magnet in the shape of a cupcake (of course), a vaccination chart, and a photo of my husband and I, pre-kids. I don’t know why it’s there but I looked skinny and I like that dress.
So here it is, what’s in my fridge.
1. Lemon yogurt – a new find. So. In. Love.
2. Homemade hummus – my mother-in-law made this. Yum.
3. Toddler snacks. A must.
4. Homemade lemon curd in a bowl – a yummy addition to the lemon poppyseed muffins I made yesterday. Of course it negates (or balances?) the fact that the muffins are actually low-fat.
5. Chocolate. What?
6. Two opened jars of sun-dried tomatoes. Why? Because when you don’t clean your fridge out regularly, you don’t realize you already have an opened jar of something, and you open another. Then you find the first one, and feel the need to put in them up front and center, so you DO NOT FORGET AGAIN.
7. Yeast! For all the bread I haven’t been making.
8. More chocolate. What?
9. Zyrtec – for the boy’s allergies.
10. Baking chocolate squares – for the chocolate cake I’ve been planning to make for weeks.
As for the rest: an assortment of condiments, drinks, jars of pasta sauce, pesto, jam, sugar, flour, leftover rice, vegetables, more yogurt.
Thank goodness I cleaned the fridge last week.
Have you entered my birthday bonanza giveaway yet? Great prizes from Scary Mommy, Simply Om, Bright Eyes, MakeMine Body Care and Alma Boheme!