UPDATE: We have our winners! Congratulations to Amy Pike, you’re the grand prize winner of a $300 Amazon gift card! Congratulations are also in order to our runner-ups, Renee and Julie, enjoy your $80 Amazon gift cards. Thank you all for playing!
I was the easy guess in this little game.
And here are the rest of the answers! How many did you guess right?
I have vivid memories of kindergarten – gold stars on little hands for doing a good job; that small hill between the main kindergarten building and the smaller one where the really tiny kids went to; the two swings everyone fought over; the sandbox; the yearly school performance we all partook in, like it or not; the French toast my mother packed for my breakfast; the first time someone called me a name (it was elephant, because it sounded like my name, yeah, it took me a while to get over).
It was in kindergarten too, that I was first bullied. There was a girl, a little bigger than me, who would always try to push me off the swing. I’d get off, shrug my shoulders, and walk off. It was my first lesson in standing up for myself.
It was in kindergarten that my first true friendship was forged. Melanie’s parents and mine were friends, and our birthdays were 5 weeks apart. We were thick as thieves. We are still friends to this day.
It was in kindergarten that my love for reading and books was nurtured. I finished Peter & Jane quickly, and moved on to the ‘difficult’ books – Aesop’s fables, classic fairy tales, encyclopedias. I devoured words even then.
I loved kindergarten. I also had a dreadful haircut. What better way to combine those two things, get together with a fabulous bunch of bloggers (there are 23 of us!), and do something fun for you, our readers? We present to you:
It’s very simple – just match the picture (with the assigned alphabet) to the blogger whose blog is listed below. What’s in it for you? Other than some fun (and it’s fun, promise), you can win an awesome $300 Amazon gift card. You can also get to know some of the bloggers listed here, if you don’t already. You can have a laugh at our expenses. Don’t worry, we did. Now, go forth and play!
Click on this entry form to enter your answers.
Participating bloggers, in alphabetical order (click on the links to go straight to their blog!):
Angela of Angela Amman
Angie of Angie Kinghorn
Deborah of Ask Doctor G
Robin of Farewell, Stranger
Poppy of Funny or Snot
Leigh Ann of Genie in a Blog
Greta of Gfunkified
Jennifer of Jennifer P. Williams
Tonya of Letters for Lucas
Kiran of Masala Chica
Natalie of Mommy of a Monster (and Twins)
Laura of Mommy Miracles
Brittany of Mommy Words
Jessica of My Time as Mom
Kimberly of Reflections of Now
Tracy of Sellabit Mum
Elaine of The Miss Elaine-ous Life
Sarah of The Sunday Spill
Galit of These Little Waves
Kristin of Two Cannoli
Arnebya of What Now and Why
Kristin of What She Said
Alison of Writing, Wishing
Terms and conditions apply:
- You must be 18 years or older to enter.
- This contest is only open to residents of USA and Canada.
- This contest is open from March 11 – 15, 2013 (closes at 9pm Eastern).
- Visit the link above, where you will be able to enter your guess for each blogger pictured. (All information will be kept private.)
- The person to correctly match all the faces with their blog will win a $300 Amazon gift card. The two other closest guesses will each win one $80 Amazon gift card.
- If more than one person correctly matches all the faces with their blogs, we will randomly pick a winner via random.org.
- If no one guesses all the faces correctly, the winner will be the person who made the most correct guesses.
- This is not a sponsored post. Prizes are paid for out of the participating bloggers’ own pockets.
- You CAN enter more than once!
- Winners will be announced week of March 18.
“Name That Kindergartner” was inspired by the “Name That DIY Blogger” contest, over at The Blessed Life.