A life list or bucket list, or list of things to do before you’re 40/ 50 and so on. Have you made one?
I haven’t. I haven’t because I am a little nervous about actually committing to some of those things that I will probably just put on the list because it seems that one should do it, because everyone else has (I’m talking about you, bungee jumping and sky diving).
In the spirit of my one word, Do, I would like to write a list of things to do before I’m 40. I figured it’d be easier to figure out what I do want to do, if I decide on things I will never, ever do. I know, it sounds negative, but stay with me on this one.
1. I will never, ever have washboard abs, or abs or any kind that I can self-photograph and Instagram (one has to know one’s limitations).
2. I will never, ever complete a 365 photography project (I have tried, twice).
3. I will never, ever bake anything with cake mix (I know, baking snob).
4. I will never, ever own a glue gun or have glitter in my house (I just don’t have a crafty bone in my body).
5. I will never, ever write a book (no desire or discipline).
6. I will never, ever figure out HTML, CSS or .php (too baffling).
7. I will never, ever be able to quit eating chocolate (why would anyone ever give up chocolate?).
8. I will never, ever wear jeggings, leggings or skinny jeans (I’ve tried these on in a fitting room before. Never again).
9. I will never, ever go bungee jumping (nope, not doing this).
10. I will never, ever have a baby in my belly again (this makes me a little sad, but it is what it is, we’ve decided we are done).
What will you never, ever do?
I have a guest post at Scary Mommy, about how motherhood has changed me. It was originally posted here in 2012, but if you haven’t read it, do head over for a read and some share/ comment love? It’d be much appreciated, thank you!