Motherhood is hard. Everyone who is a mom, knows that.
We survive and thrive however, on not just learning from the hardships, but in reveling in the little joys that motherhood brings.
1. Successfully removing a massive booger from your toddler’s nostril, after it’s been bugging you for 2 hours.
2. Your child actually eats the food you cook.
3. The baby wakes up in the middle of the night to nurse … and goes straight back to sleep after.
4. Everyone gets a nap and wakes up happy.
5. You go through the day without changing clothes (yours, the toddler’s, the baby’s) multiple times.
6. The toddler says “Love You” without prompting.
7. You only spend 10 minutes cleaning up toys, as opposed to 30 minutes.
8. No one spilled anything on the couch.
9. That moment when everyone is getting along, no one is tantrum-ing, and there are smiles all round. Even if it only lasts for 5 minutes.
What brings you joy?