I have some confessions. It’s time to tell the truth.
1. I am not crafty at all. I can’t even wrap a present without it looking like a 5 year old did it. I cannot imagine using glue, glitter, scissors, various fancy paper and whatever you use to make crafts, to create something beautiful. Most likely, I will just end up with glitter in my hair and glue on my fingers. Glue does not like me. I once nearly super-glued my fingers to a pair of flip flops that I was trying to repair. Don’t ask.
2. I am not a very good photographer. All the photos you see here? Are edited. Cropped, filtered, framed.
3. I am not a very good cook. I can skate by and I’m lucky my husband is not very fussy. Also, he likes sandwiches. I once made a creamy mushroom and spinach pasta that I’d made before several times, but this time, I forgot the cream. My poor husband ate it anyway.
4. I don’t cook everyday. I know, I’m a stay-at-home mom and my son spends a few hours a day with his grandparents. That leaves me time to prep and make dinner. But, I don’t. Some days, I just don’t want to get into the kitchen. Some days, I just want to eat takeout.
5. I watch too much TV. I love my shows – Dexter, CSI, The Good Wife, Fringe, Mad Men and so many others. Some days (on the days I don’t cook), I watch 2 hours of shows in a row. Other days, I watch none. But, I know that’s still more than I should.
6. I haven’t exercised in 2 years. Before I had a child, I was a bit of a gym fiend. I loved working out. I ran. I did yoga. Then I got pregnant. I stopped going to the gym. I stopped running. I stopped going to yoga, except for a few antenatal yoga classes. Post-baby, I did nothing but look after the baby. I had no trouble losing the baby weight, so I got lazy. I haven’t ran in over 2 years and I’ve set myself a goal of running a marathon in 2013. Keeps me accountable right? (wish me luck)
7. I own too many pairs of jeans. I once owned a t-shirt that said, “I’m a t-shirt and jeans kinda girl.” Every city I traveled to in the course of work pre-baby, I would buy a pair of jeans. That is a lot of jeans. I cannot part with them.
8. I HATE ironing. I will rather scrub toilets than iron, that’s how much I hate it. No wonder I look so rumpled most days.
9. I am totally boring. I would much prefer to have a coffee and cake with a friend than go clubbing. I would rather hang out at a bookstore all afternoon than go to a concert. I would choose taking a stroll in the evening with my son than going to the cinema.
10. I don’t know how to tell jokes. I don’t ever remember how they go or the punchline. I even suck at knock, knock jokes.
However, I realize no one is perfect.
I am totally happy with who I am today – the boring, non-joke-telling, craft-challenged, rumpled, lumpy-mommy-shaped, sometimes lazy couch potato person that I am.
Can you send me some good jokes though?
Linking up with the Just.Be.Enough. for the prompt: The Truth
Every MONDAY join us…
Write, post, link-up, share your story and your voice.
Be part of carrying the weight of confidence, empowerment and share our mission
to empower, inspire, and remind women, parents and children
that the time has come to celebrate ourselves!
Also linking up with The Good Life’s Monday Listicles!
AND, to lovelinks #29.
Tell me one truth about yourself!