I’m doing this a little differently this week as I’m linking up with The Good Life for Monday Listicles, and the list is: 10 words you could live without. Okay, it’s Sunday, but whatevs. As usual, I’ll be linking up with my inspiration for this list, Genie In A Blog for her weekly Attitude of Gratitude post.
This should be interesting.
- Sale. I am grateful that we can afford what we need. And I really don’t need that 50th pair of shoes just because it’s on sale. My life would be a lot easier if this word ceased to exist all together!
- Statistics. Most, if not all bloggers, tend to get obsessed with statistics. How many hits on what post, how many tweets and retweets, how many followers blah blah blah. I am grateful for the readers I have. All 20 of you. Truly. I don’t need stats, I don’t want it!
- Liver. I cannot eat liver. Or any parts of an animal that are not just plain meat. I am grateful I can choose daily what I want to eat (or not).
- Error. Do you fear/ hate seeing this word pop up on your screen? When you’re fiddling with coding, or writing a post and click something and poof! “Error”. I could live without it. I am grateful that WordPress has given me no problems so far. I am grateful I have WordPress goddesses to call upon in my time of need! (Yes, that’s you Jessica and Kim)
- No. My toddler’s current favorite word. Needless to say, I’d prefer if he just said yes all the time! However, I am grateful that he is able to convey his emotions and to verbalize his needs at his age. *proud Mama moment*
- Divorce. An ugly, ugly word I can go the rest of my life without hearing again. I am grateful for my husband, for our marriage, for our friendship.
- Broken. There is nothing nice about the word ‘broken’. Anything that is broken – object, relationship, person – it’s just not good. It’s an unhappy word. I’m grateful that everything in my life right now? Is intact.
- Homeless. I don’t need to explain this. I’m grateful for having a roof over my head. I’m grateful that we are moving to what I hope will be our dream home.
- Harry Potter. OK, this is two words and it’s technically not a word, it’s a name. But I’m grateful that the Harry Potter phenomenon is here now – I’m hoping it will have faded by the time my toddler grows up so he can’t be obsessed with it. Please, please please (yes, you are right, I am not a fan).
- Diet. I really don’t like this word, or the things I have to do because this word binds me to it. So being the rebel that I am, I ate these this week, and for that, I am grateful!! Aren’t macarons just gorgeous?
What were you grateful for this week? Do you have a list of 10 post? If so, link up with The Good Life on July 18!