“I would maintain that thanks is the highest form of thought; and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder.”
– G.K. Chesterton
I thought that quote introduces my weekly gratitude list nicely. I can’t believe it, 8 weeks of gratitude lists! This week, I’m grateful for:
- My new blog design. I love it, I truly do. I finally feel at home. This is ME.
- With that, I’m so thankful I made the right decision to work with Cynthia of NW Designs. She was patient, flexible, and clearly a design genius! I told her what I liked, what I wanted and within days, she gave me this beautiful look. I know, I’m so in love with my own blog, I should be embarrassed!
- I said this last week, I’ll say it again. I’m thankful for the friends I’ve made through blogging. I want to give a shout out to Kimberly of Mama’s Monologues. She’s my Twitter buddy (she makes me laugh, lends me an ear, and helped me out with WordPress!), my bloggy friend/ ‘twin’ (we even changed our blog looks at the same time) and she makes me want to fly to the US so I can meet her and hug her face off.
- I always include food in my list because I love food. So this week, I am so grateful for my mother-in-law’s pasta salad. Yum.
- I rely on the Internet SO much. I am grateful for our super fast connection (thank you to my tech savvy husband!).
- I love Think Geek. LOVE. Look, they have this awesome monkey! It’s a plush, pillow and blanket! Perfect for me! I mean, for my Monkey!
- I also love this site, Chow. It has amazing recipes. I’m making this tonight for dinner: Buttermilk Chicken with Peach-Tomato Salsa.
- I admit – I do quite enjoy Pinterest. *ahem* I’ve had great fun this week pinning some summer clothes I love and want to own.
- My Monkey is talking more, saying more words. For that, I am grateful. He’s just too cute.
- What’s a gratitude post without another shout out to one of my favorite cakes? I really enjoyed this red velvet cake.
What were you grateful for this week?