Is banana bread/ cake/ loaf healthy?
I think so. At least, my version of it is, *ahem*. No dairy, no eggs.
It was delicious, by the way. And if you want to try it out, here’s the recipe:
- 1 medium banana, mashed
- 7 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar (or lemon juice, which is what I used)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 3/4 cup sugar (I used caster sugar)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (you can use whole wheat flour too)
- 3 tablespoons cinammon
- 1 cup water
- Mix all dry ingredients together. Add in wet ingredients and mix well.
- Pour mixture into a non-stick loaf tin (I usually line it with baking paper).
- Bake for 30-45 minutes at 350F or 180C.
- Let it cool.