Do you wonder? If you’re ever enough? Smart enough, pretty enough, tall enough, thin enough, articulate enough, do enough, just be enough?
Your answer will be no.
Mine is. We are never truly happy with ourselves, are we? Constantly chasing something and not appreciating what we have, what we are, always thinking, not enough.
Elena, author of Ciao Mom, inspired by Alexandra of Good Day, Regular People, has started this really important linky – she encourages us to write a list of things we like about ourselves. The idea is to look for the positives, perpetuate them, and begin believing in them. It’s such an important message, so how could I not do this? Here goes:
- I like my eyes. They’re very dark, expressive and dare I say, pretty. Yes, I have pretty eyes.
- I am a good friend. I am fiercely loyal and I will go to the ends of the earth for my friends. I will fight to the death their honor. I will hold their hair when they throw up in the toilet (from excessive drinking or in the throes of pregnancy sickness). I will pick up their calls at 4.00am. I will tweet til the wee hours if they needed someone to talk to. I will bring cake when cake is needed.
- I like connecting people. If I find people who should meet, for personal or business reasons, I make sure they do.
- I bake really, really good cupcakes, cakes and cookies.
- I am efficient and organized. These two traits served me very well when I worked, and they have served me well in blogging. For that, I am so grateful.
- I have good taste in shoes. I have a rocking collection to prove it.
- I am a good wife and mother. I know it.
- I like my sense of style. I may not wear my awesome clothes much, but if I choose to, I clean up pretty well.
- I like my honesty. It has not always served me well in the past, but I know that at least, I’ve been true to myself. And for that, I have no regrets.
- I am an awesome travel companion. I am easygoing, fun, adventurous, flexible, organized, enthusiastic. You will want me for a travel buddy, you really do. Plus, I will make you laugh.
You know what? After writing that list? I really, really like who I am.
I am enough.
You should do this too, write what you like about yourself. We spend too much time beating ourselves up, let’s celebrate our awesomesauceness for once! Link up with Ciao Mom, it’s open til July 18.
Tell me , what is the one thing you like about yourself?