10 things I never knew until I became a mom
I don’t know about you, but before the baby was born, I was such a wise ass. I thought I knew everything that was coming, what motherhood entailed, because I had read a few books.
Well, duh. That wasn’t true of course. I had no clue. I was all, Meh, how hard can it be?
Of course, I freaked out just before the birth. Thinking oh, I actually have to look after this kid, keep him alive and all. Ack.
Fortunately, we were OK. We’re still OK. But here is my list of things I never knew until I became a mom.
1. I can function like a normal human being despite only having slept in increments of 60 to 90 minutes at a time.
2. I did not throw up at the sight of baby poop.
3. I did not throw up even when I had to TOUCH said baby poop.
4. Being peed on isn’t that bad.
5. That baby teeth can inflict so much pain.
6. Baby food is kinda yummy.
7. It’s important to get dressed and get out of the house once in a while.
8. That Elmo could be that annoying.
9. Despite knowing so little, I still didn’t like people (other than family that is) telling me how I should do things. I know my baby best.
10. That I could love a person so much.
Comments on this entry are closed.